::KORSHIP::

Issue Denis Petropoulos appointed new Baltic Exchange Chairman

페이지 정보

작성자 최고관리자 댓글 0건 조회 3,398회 작성일 19-06-07 11:55

본문

529ce53d06cd03d854db958476b79b21_1559876127_2725.png
Denis Petropoulos has been elected Chairman of the Baltic Exchange Council with effect from 1 June 2019. He replaces Duncan Dunn who has held the position since January 2018. Denis Petropoulos was a founding partner of Braemar Tankers Ltd and remains a significant shareholder at Braemar Shipping Services PLC. He most recently headed up Braemar’s Singapore office for seven years, before returning to the UK.
He has been a Baltic Exchange Member since 1999 and has held positions on the Baltic board 2002-2007 and joined the Council in January 2019.
Commenting on the appointment, Baltic Exchange Chief Executive Mark Jackson said: “Denis Petropoulos is a highly respected and well-known shipbroker who played a critical role in the setting up of the Baltic tanker indices in the late 1990s. We’re delighted that he will be dedicating his time to chairing the Baltic Council. The Baltic Council is a key body which gives voice to our membership and ensures that our products and services meet their needs.”
He added: “I would like to thank Duncan Dunn for his support and insight during his term of office.”
Denis Petropoulos said: “I have always been a passionate supporter of the Baltic Exchange and its values. During my term in office I intend to pay particular attention to raising awareness of the maritime industry to the younger generation. At the same time I want to ensure that Baltic members’ ideas and concerns are heard at Council level as well as support the Baltic’s drive to increase its profile in Asia.”  

Category

Category

최신호보기(Latest issue)

최신호보기(Latest issue)

관련협회/단체(Association/Agency)

관련협회/단체(Association/Agency)